Liebster Award - New Blogger Recognition
Before I begin, I'd like to thank Corinne from Happiness In Homemaking for nominating me for the Liebster Award! You HAVE to go and check out her blog! She has so many amazing posts and free resources!
I'm so honored to have been nominated for this award! For those of you who aren't familiar with the Liebster Award, it's a blogger recognition award, given to bloggers, by other bloggers to recognize all of the hard work that they put into their sites!
The Liebster Award works like this:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the questions provided by the blogger who nominated you
- Then it's your turn to nominate between 5-11 blogs that you think deserve this award
- Create questions for them to answer in their post!
Simple enough right? Now let's get into these questions!
1 What is your biggest inspiration(s) for blogging?
Simply put, I LOVE blogging. I've always blogged on a smaller scale but I'm so glad I took the plunge and launched my own self-hosted blog.
I enjoy having an outlet to express my myself and share my struggles and experiences as a young wife and mother.
I also have a desire to help other mama's get started blogging.
Don't get me wrong, there's a lot to it, but it's truly rewarding if you really take your time and put in the effort.
2 What is your favorite activity to do with your children?
I have a little boy so naturally, our favorite thing to do is rough-house. I know it sounds weird but he loves it and I love hearing his little laugh as we play.
& don't worry, I'm not rough with him - he's only one! Besides, crawling around the house chasing him is my way of sneaking a little cardio in!
I also love reading to him. He is so silly and laughs each time I turn the page.
3 What is your favorite blog post that you’ve written? Why?
This is a tough one!
But since I have to choose, I'd have to say my post about The Five Words That Helped Me Beat Postpartum Depression.
This was such a hard post to write but I'm so glad that I was able to shed light on an issue that has such a negative stigma attached to it.
Sooo many mom's struggle with PPD and I wrote that post to encourage mama's to keep fighting and to let them know that they aren't alone.
4 What is your biggest difficulty that you face in blogging?
Blogging is such a multi-faceted
hobby job. Especially if you blog full-time and hope to make an income from your blog.
The biggest difficulty that I've faced so far is trying to create a successful blog with multiple topics. I know that many bloggers recommend that you niche down but I truly believe that you can have a successful blog without having to blog about one thing.
5 What is one piece of advice you’d give to a new blogger?
Create a solid foundation from the very beginning! There is so much advice out there about how you can start a profitable blog in 15mins or less and honestly, that's simply not true.
Yes, you can have a domain and hosting locked down in 15mins, but in order to lay the foundation for a successful, PROFITABLE blog, there is much more to it.
- Aerica - http://www.motheridlike2follow.com
- Hilary - http://www.homesmellslikecookies.com
- Windy - http://www.familyfoodanddinosaurs.com
- Ashley - http://www.cakestokale.com
- Kristin - http://www.thiswifeandmommylife.com
- Valerie - http://www.threeclementines.com
- Krista - http://www.mamaofthedrama.com
- Sarah - http://www.sarahkurliand.com
- Ashley - http://www.hellonatureblog.com
- Marta - http://www.senseandedibility.com
My Questions For The Nominee's
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- What's an interesting thing that people may not know about you?
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- What's your favorite thing about blogging?
- What advice would you give to a new blogger?
I'd like to give another HUGE thanks to Corinne from Happiness in Homemaking for nominating me for the Liebster Award and giving me the opportunity to nominate other deserving bloggers!
I hope you enjoyed this post!
Don't forget to check out these amazing blogs! I'm sure you'll love them as much as I do!
Until Next Time,