This post is sponsored by Minute Rice.
As a busy mom, I love a quick and easy recipe that’s hearty and full of flavor and rice bowls are one of my favorite ways to accomplish this. These Coconut Curry Chicken Rice bowls are hearty, delicious, and full of flavor. Not to mention, the prep is even easier thanks to Minute Instant Brown Rice.
If you’ve tried my Chipotle Shrimp Bowls, then you know I’m a huge fan of Minute Instant Rice. Their Instant Brown Rice makes this dish a breeze to make since it’s ready in just 10 minutes!
It’s the perfect base for these Coconut Curry Chicken Rice Bowls and a great way to get your daily serving of whole grains in!
So without further ado, keep reading to grab the full recipe and assembly instructions.
Here is what you need to make these delicious Coconut Curry Chicken Rice Bowls:
These Coconut Curry Chicken Rice Bowls are the perfect easy weeknight meal and they reheat beautifully making them perfect for meal prep or a quick lunch the next day!
I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs for this recipe, but you are welcome to use chicken breast or bone-in chicken thighs if you’d like. You could also make this a vegan option and substitute tofu or chickpeas for the chicken.
How To Prepare The Chicken:
Start by adding a drizzle of olive oil onto your chicken thighs. Add your seasonings, toss to coat, and set aside.
In a large skillet, add a drizzle of olive oil and sauté your diced onions, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger until tender.
Next, add in your chicken, and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
How To Prepare The Curry Sauce:
To prepare the curry sauce add in your diced tomatoes, and tomato paste, and stir. Pour the coconut milk over the mixture, stir, cover, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
Once done, remove from heat and garnish with fresh parsley.
How To Prepare The Minute Instant Brown Rice:
While your Coconut Curry Chicken is simmering is the perfect time to prepare your Minute Instant Brown Rice. You can either prepare your rice on the stove or in the microwave.
Simply measure out your desired serving of rice (I used 2 cups for this recipe), and cook according to the package instructions. Your rice will be ready in just 10 minutes – before your curry is done simmering!
Once done, remove rice from heat and fluff with a fork.
Assembling the Coconut Curry Chicken Rice Bowls:
Add your desired serving of brown rice to a bowl and top with a few spoonfuls of the coconut curry chicken.
Top with additional fresh parsley and enjoy!
Storage and Reheating Instructions:
Be sure to check out Minute Instant Brown Rice as well as the other yummy Minute Instant Rice varieties such as Instant Rice and Quinoa, Instant Basmati Rice, & Instant Jasmine Rice.
- 2 Cups Minute Instant Brown Rice
- 2 lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs (cut into small pieces)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Small Onion (Diced)
- 14.5oz Diced Tomatoes (1 can)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1.5 tsp Fresh Ginger
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 13.5oz Coconut Milk (1 can)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- Fresh Parsley (optional)
- In a large bowl, add 1 tbsp of olive oil to your chicken thighs. Add your seasonings, toss to coat, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and add in your diced onions, bell pepper, garlic, ginger, and sauté until tender.
- Add in your chicken thighs and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Add in your diced tomatoes and tomato paste, and stir until well-mixed.
- Pour the coconut milk over the mixture, stir, cover, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- While your Coconut Curry Chicken is simmering, prepare your Minute Instant Brown Rice according to the package instructions.
- Once done, remove the rice from the heat and fluff it with a fork.
- Add your desired serving of brown rice to a bowl and top with a few spoonfuls of the coconut curry chicken.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 538Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 184mgSodium: 748mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 41g
The writers and publishers of themillennialsahm.com are not nutritionists, registered dietitians, or medical professionals. You can learn more about our Nutritional Disclosure & Calculated Nutritional Disclaimer at https://www.themillennialsahm.com/disclosure-privacy-policy/