This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of EasyHomeMeals.com, a food and lifestyle blog sponsored by the National Frozen and Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA). All opinions are 100% mine.
Cinnamon Rolls are one of my favorite sweet treats to enjoy. Since becoming a mom, I simply don’t have the time to make and prep the dough for the traditional version of this decadent breakfast/dessert. Thankfully, I’ve discovered a new, super-easy way to create this dish in half the time!
My secret: refrigerated puff pastry dough!
That’s right! Puff pastry dough is an amazing substitute for the traditional cinnamon roll dough. If I’m being honest, I may never make cinnamon rolls from scratch ever again!
Preparing The Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls
My favorite dough to use is the Wewalka Puff Pastry Flaky Layers Dough. Wewalka Puff Pastry Dough is the #1 refrigerated puff pastry dough, made with real, premium ingredients. Plus it doesn’t require any thawing! Not to mention, no rolling pin or flour is necessary. Just unroll the dough on the enclosed parchment paper and you’re ready to go!
The puff pastry dough gives these cinnamon rolls a nice, flaky finish on the outside, leaving the inside warm and delicious! You can find Wewalka Puff Pastry Dough in the dairy aisle – as well as most of the ingredients used to make these cinnamon rolls.
There are so many creative ways to use the wide assortment of products found in the dairy aisle, and this is by far my most creative recipe hack!
Once you have your puff pastry dough rolled out, grab some butter, my favorite kind to use is Grassland Dairy Unsalted Butter. Grassland Dairy has been crafting butter for five generations and counting, and it shows in the quality and overall rich taste of their butter!
Make sure your butter is room temperature so that it spreads easily, then simply spread the butter across the puff pastry avoiding the very edges. Next, grab your brown sugar and cinnamon mixture and sprinkle it generously over the butter layer.
Now it’s time to roll the dough!
Gently lift either end of the puff pastry off of the parchment paper and roll the dough into a log shape. Once you have rolled the dough completely, cut it into 9 – 12 even slices.
Baking The Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls
Next, grab your baking pan and coat it with butter or non-stick spray so that your cinnamon rolls don’t stick to the bottom. Place the cinnamon roll slices in the pan leaving a tiny bit of space in between each slice. Then, bake your cinnamon rolls for 22-25 minutes- just until they are golden brown.
It’s a good idea to prepare the cream cheese icing while the cinnamon rolls are baking so that it will be ready to spread over the cinnamon rolls once they come out of the oven. The cream cheese icing takes only minutes to make and also includes ingredients primarily from the dairy aisle.
My favorite cream cheese to use is Philadelphia Cream Cheese. I love that it’s made with only five ingredients and still has that delicious, creamy taste. Another key ingredient in this cream cheese icing is heavy whipping cream – Silk Dairy-Free Heavy Whipping Cream Alternative!
Silk’s Dairy-Free Heavy Whipping Cream Alternative is proof that the dairy aisle is one of the most accommodating aisles in the grocery store, providing options for every dietary need. Not to mention, it has 0 grams of sugar and is Non-GMO verified!
To make the cream cheese icing, simply combine all of the wet ingredients with a hand mixer or small food processor. Next, add the powdered sugar, half at a time, and mix until the icing is smooth and free of lumps.
Once the cinnamon rolls are done baking, allow them to cool for about five minutes before spreading the icing over them.
There you have it!
Easy, delicious Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls topped with Cream Cheese Icing.
I love that these cinnamon rolls take half the time to make but are rich in the classic cinnamon roll flavor we all know and love! Now I can indulge in one of my favorite sweet snacks without spending a ton of time in the kitchen.
From holidays and birthday parties to Sunday brunch, these puff pastry cinnamon rolls would be the perfect dish for any occasion – or simply as a sweet treat after a long day.
So, head to your nearest dairy aisle and grab the ingredients so that you can give these cinnamon rolls a try. Trust me, you won’t regret it – especially if you’re a busy mom like me who’s always looking for new ways to enjoy classic recipes with a modern (time-saving) twist!
Love easy recipes, check out these recipes that require only 5 ingredients or less.
- 1 Pkg of Wewalka Puff Pastry Flaky Layers Dough
- 4 tbsp Grassland Dairy Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
Cream Cheese Icing
- 2oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)
- 6 tbsp Grassland Dairy Butter (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Silk Dairy-Free Heavy Whipping Cream Alternative
- 1¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425°f.
- Unroll the Wewalka Puff Pastry onto the enclosed parchment paper.
- Spread an even layer of the Grassland Dairy Unsalted butter onto the puff pastry dough avoiding the edges.
- Combine the cinnamon and brown sugar and sprinkle liberally onto the puff pastry dough.
- Gently lift either end of the puff pastry off of the parchment paper and roll the dough into a log shape. Once you’ve rolled the dough completely, cut it into 9 - 12 even slices.
- Bake for 22-25mins or until golden brown
Cream Cheese Icing
- Add softened Philadelphia cream cheese and butter to a large mixing bowl and using a hand mixer or small food processor, combine until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract, Silk Dairy-Free Heavy Whipping Cream Alternative and combine until smooth.
- Add half of the powdered sugar to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add the remainder of the powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
- Allow the cinnamon rolls to rest for 5 minutes and spread the cream cheese icing over the top.
For more recipe ideas visit the National Frozen and Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA) blog EasyHomeMeals.com!