These easy Chicken and Dumplings are made with rotisserie chicken and frozen biscuits to save time on those busy weeknights.
With back-to-school around the corner, these super easy Chicken and Dumplings are the perfect weekday meal and tastes just like homemade – without the wait or messy kitchen clean-up. I recently partnered with my friends over at the National Frozen and Refrigerated Foods Association to create an easy, but a yummy recipe for the back-to-school season. I’ll be sharing the recipe over on Instagram soon but you guys know I love to keep you in the know and I had to share it here on the blog (shoutout to my email list for being the first to know.)
Back to school comes with its fair share of work and the #1 priority should be figuring out a routine that works for your family – not what you’re going to eat for dinner. That said, These Chicken and Dumplings are made with rotisserie chicken and Pillsbury frozen biscuits to save time on those busy weeknights.
Chicken and Dumplings with Frozen Biscuits?
Yup, you read that right! While this Chicken and Dumplings recipe isn’t my typical 5 ingredients or less recipe, I promise it’s ready in no time and is FULL of flavor. In true time-saving fashion, I grabbed some cooked, presliced rotisserie chicken and a bag of frozen Pillsbury biscuits from the grocery store to whip this up. That way there’s no need to cook chicken and make the dumplings from scratch.
Aside from the various seasonings that make this dish ooze with flavor, the only other ingredients are celery, yellow onion, chicken stock, cream of chicken, chicken bouillon (I just added a cube), and butter. Not too bad right?
Did I mention that this is basically a one-pot meal? Yup, you can make this yummy dish in one pot while avoiding having a sink full of dirty pots and pans.
I’m pretty sure this is going to be my go-to dish during these upcoming fall and winter months, and I hope it becomes one of your favorite weeknight meals.
Without further ado, check out the full recipe, and see how you can whip up this easy recipe in only a few minutes with minimum mess.
- 2.5 Cups Cooked Rotisserie Chicken (shredded)
- 1 package Pillsbury Frozen Biscuits
- 2 quarts of Chicken Stock
- ½ cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon of minced Garlic
- ½ Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 ½ Stalk of Celery (chopped)
- 1 Can of Cream of Chicken
- 2.5 tbsp sticks Butter
- In a large pot melt butter and add chopped celery and onion. Saute until softened
- Next, add in chicken stock and cream of chicken, and bring to a boil.
- Remove Frozen Biscuits and let them thaw for 3-5 minutes so they no longer stick together.
- Break the frozen biscuits into thirds and add them into the pot, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium/low heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes (or until the frozen biscuits expand).
- Next add in the shredded chicken, salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder
- Cover and continue to simmer for another 10-12 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Feel free to use more chicken and veggies for a heartier dish.
Hey Girl, Hey!
Thanks for dropping by to check out my little corner of the internet. I’m Kermilia! I’m a Christian, introverted millennial, married to the love of my life, and a SAHM to two amazing little boys and a spunky baby girl. I started The Millennial Stay-At-Home-Mom to share my journey as a young mom on a mission to find purpose in every season of motherhood.
Now that you’re here, stay awhile.